Sunday, February 7, 2010

The new life

Have landed safely in Canada though everything is still a blur. I had planned on writing my thoughts about my leaving Pinas but lacked the time. Still I wanted to drop by and write some even though time is still not a luxury due to the urgent requirements as a new settler (getting a new Social ID number, getting a new Driver's License, getting a new Health Card etc.)

Thus, here are my 3 initial thoughts about Canada:

1. Snow-capped mountains.

Minutes before landing at the Vancouver International Airport, the very first thing which reminded me that I have finally reached Canada were seeing snow-capped mountains that loomed into view from the airplane windows.

2. Wala nang paborito kong Shakey's

Instead of seeing the familiar stuff that I have gotten used to in 'Pinas such as "Milo", "Glade" and "Shakey's Pizza", instead it has now been replaced with "Chocolat Chaud", "Febreze" and "Panago" (pronounced Pana-goe and not Pana-goh. Ano daw? haha!)

3. Define "MALAMIG"

For years I was told how cold Canada could get during winter time. And yes, for years I have conditioned myself for such a scenario... but like they said, nothing could ever prepare you for the friggin' real thing!

Funny thing was, the moment I got out of the airport and the natural cool breeze of Canada entered through my defenseless Philippine-made jacket, I did feel the special coldness, but I found it bodacious and smiled instead of complaining. Feels like Baguio times twenty, but personally it's fine with me.

*

Guess that's all for now. haven't slept yet since being tortured by this iyakin na 2-year old seatmate sa plane during the 14-hour non-stop trip. (READ: NON-STOP IYAK) Gotta catch some sleep. U guys rule.

Until the next cdn adventure to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment